The heart and sole of our organization are its many volunteers who give willingly of their time to help those in need who find themselves alone in this world.
Sometimes all a person needs is someone to talk to, or someone to make sure they are being taken care of properly, or simply someone to hold their hand - in a
word, someone who cares. If you are looking for a worthwhile cause that will make a real difference in the life of another person, please consider becoming a
volunteer guardian through our organization. You will get back so much more than you give!
Steps to becoming a volunteer guardian:
1. The first step is to complete an application. The application can be downloaded off this website by clicking here, or you can contact us and we can send you an application. Applications can be scanned and returned to us electronically, or you can submit your application by mail.
2. Once we receive your application, we will arrange for an in-person interview to further explore your interests and our expectations.
3. If there is an interest to move forward, we will arrange for an orientation session (approximately 1.5 hours in length). You will also be informed about our on-going support network and the important relationship that will exist between you and our organization.
4. Once the orientation is completed, we require a criminal background check and will confirm several of your references.
5. The final step before assigning you a case is to partner you with an existing volunteer guardian so you can experience the guardian/ward relationship first hand and address any questions or concerns you may have.
We also appreciate the work of volunteers to assist us with administrative tasks as well as with fundraising events and other projects. So if you are interested in volunteering in this manner, please complete a Volunteer Application and include the nature of your interest in our organization.
Thank you very much for your interest in volunteering!